Fourth Decade: Sucking the marrow out of life since 1969.


Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kicking Doubt in the Ass

This may be the lingering effects of watching Sex and the City 2 last night, or the fact that it is my TOM, but this morning I woke up feeling old. Ancient. Perhaps I should start applying yam facials.

And I woke up with a mild case of the "How Can I Possibly Sustain LD Michigan Man's Interest?" Writing all that down in Communion really set it into reality. This guy is really into me. And all of that advice out there about how to keep a man interested, and how you shouldn't tell him everything, and how you should play a few mind games, and how impossible it is to sustain interest long-distance. Blah blah blah blah blah.

You know, we are our own worst enemies. Which was so bloody obvious in that over-the-top ridiculous movie. Please, Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha, what do you have to be insecure about? Grow up, stand tall, and rock the life you've been given, you fictional NYC women you.

I will not be anything other than myself. And if interest wans, then interest wans. If I'm giving 100% and the best I can give, then I have no need to worry. All I can do is make sure that I'm happy and I'm getting what I need. And if I am my usual giving self, and he recognizes and respects that, we should be all right.

Talking myself off the ledge. This has been fun. See, loving myself can be such a wonderful thing.

Carry on with your usual enjoyable Sunday. I've got some ACs to install (ugh) and some Red Sox to watch (yay).

1 love kisses:

rachaelgking said...

LOVE this. It was exactly how I felt about the movie, and I think you took the best possible message away from that mess. :-)

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder

Previous Ramblings