Fourth Decade: Sucking the marrow out of life since 1969.


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The First Visit

How did the LD Man's visit in Jersey go? Take a look...





The photos don't do the visit justice.

Our time together was perfect, even when it wasn't, if that makes any sense.

The minor mishaps (the bathroom floor falling apart under his feet, for example) turned into vehicles for better understanding of each other, how we handle stress together, and our unique ability to any situation into a laughing match. We have a combined thirst for knowledge that keeps us asking questions, quietly reflecting, and then discussing.

Here's why I am crazy about this guy: he says what he means and means what he says. He talks the talk and walks the walk. Yet he's not arrogant or aggressive in his behavior. He's a regular Joe with an extraordinary capacity to listen, feel, and verbalize his thoughts. He hasn't been emasculated by the feminist movement (thank God), yet he isn't a misogynist either. He is decisive and he knows what to do in just about any situation, yet he appreciates hearing another opinion and isn't afraid to agree to it. He has a wicked sense of humor and some incredibly deft moves in the bedroom. He's a nerdy-geeky guy who likes documentaries, history, and mythbusters but also knows baseball, how to play the guitar, and can cook. Does it get any better than that?!

Yes, I have found the last single 40-year-old man worthy of my affection and attention, or to be more accurate, he found me. I sure hope there are other single men like him out there for single women who are about to give up hope of ever finding someone who understands them and STILL wants to be with them.You'll just know it is right when you know each other's flaws and you still feel "he/she is perfect for me."

He'll be back in 20something days -- to help me move, if you can believe that. I didn't ask, he offered. And yes, we are already looking into ways to turn this LDR into something much closer and fulfilling. I like that idea very much. I suppose he'll need a new nickname then. 

It may be too quick for some people and it doesn't follow the rules of dating, but we've both been risk takers all our lives. And I have to add we're not kids anymore who don't know what we want. What we want is to enjoy each other's company!

I can't help but spout a favorite quote of mine from Harry, in the iconic rom-com When Harry Met Sally:

"When you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with,
you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."



4 love kisses:

Unknown said...

I am beyond happy for you! Such GREAT news!

Sarah said...

I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to read more!

Girl in Carolina said...

*clapping furiously* BRAVO!!!!!!!!!! Love the photos!!! And the Chad pic....*sniff* Love.

Grace said...

This guy looks like the real thing. Masculine, handsome, sweet...oh, did I mention masculine? Loved the pictures of him both with and without glasses. Yummmmmy!

I am thrilled for you.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder

Previous Ramblings